Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Friday Favorites --- Tuesday Rage?

I missed 'Friday Favorites' last week so maybe that's why I felt so much rage on Monday (which has bled into Tuesday).  When I lived in Blacksburg, the local radio station had "Zach's Anger Diaries" and so I present to you today MY anger diaries:


On my way to work, there are a few traffic cops.  This is fairly new to me since they just let us give each other the finger and hit each other in Virginia.  There is one traffic cop at an undisclosed location where I need to make a right turn that acts like I'm going to plow through the intersection and hit him.  Seriously.  If I'm the first one in the turn lane, he will come over to the turn lane gesturing wildly like I'm the crazy one.  I drive a compact car.  I couldn't plow through that intersection even if I wanted to.  Also wouldn't I be accelerating if I was going to keep going instead of obviously slowing down?  There's no need for the wild dramatics, APD.  I promise you that I am slowing to a stop.


Yes, that is an elliptical trainer and no, I'm not raging because I hate using it.  It's actually my favorite piece of gym equipment other than the floor mats (I do love to sit).  However it has a touchscreen (as you can see in the picture above).  Riddle me this, internet, why would you put the magazine/book ledge in a place where it would lean against the touchscreen and press against the various controls?  I can't tell you how many times I am trying to read something only to discover that my incline is at 100%.  I don't wear my glasses in the gym so I can't read the closed captioning on the TVs and lately I've had to resort to my old stand-by of judging people.



The Georgia Aquarium.  I have nothing against the Georgia Aquarium.  My personal preference is for the National Aquarium in Baltimore but that is partially due to the many fond memories from my childhood there.  The issue that I have with the Georgia Aquarium is that it makes for a crappy adult date, despite what local ATL bloggers are saying.  There's no way of coming out of the aquarium without looking like you want kids tomorrow or you never want kids.  This weekend I'm pretty sure I came across like I was the witch in Hansel and Gretel.  There were kids everywhere --- ones bigger than me, ones smaller than me, and my archnemesis -- kids in strollers.  I have enough friends with kids (hell, I even baby-sit) to know how convenient a stroller is but you can't have 700 of them in an enclosed area without a traffic jam.  I also don't appreciate junior kicking me as you roll past me and/or hit me with the stroller.  Here's another hint for all you parents out there --- just because you tap me with your stroller -- I'M NOT MOVING.  It's a kid, not a disabled adult.  Wheelchairs, service animals -- sure I'll move.  Strollers, especially JOGGING strollers in an aquarium??  Think again.

So, yeah, who wants to keep reading my blog now?  ;-) 

2 comments:

  1. Children and parents of children make me rage also. Jon said to me the other day "I think you're going to have to be the one that decides it's time to have kids because it's probably not going to come from me." To which I replied "...well I guess we're not having kids because I had the same thought last week". Sorry Jean! We'll just be Jon and Kate + $800,000 or Jon and Kate + our 8-story house or Jon and Kate + the 8 charity boards I sit on in all the free time I'll have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are building our kids from microchips, an erector set, and MAGIC

    ReplyDelete