Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Friday Favorites

Hello, new visitors!  Since I posted my blog on a private Facebook status, I've had 87 unique visitors.  I wasn't expecting that many people to read my little corner of the internet or to respond via my Facebook status or comments so thank you thank you!

As you can tell by the timeliness of this update, this week didn't really end as expected.  I've been in bed the last two days with strep throat.  I don't even know how I still get strep throat?!  Seriously, what ADULT gets strep throat?  Evidently, this one.

My first favorite of this week is Passport Day in the USA:

For those of us who may or may not need to obtain a passport and who may or may not have been too lazy to make an appointment with their local passport agency (also known as a post office), this is great!  Today only you can go to your local passport agency and apply for a passport without an appointment.  I arrived a half hour early and there was already a long line.  Luckily, my loud mouth and crappy attitude helped me jump the line and this Atlanta girl may or may not be able to travel internationally in 4-6 weeks!

My next favorite of this week is Curtis Jay:


Curtis was in my stand-up comedy class at Relapse Theater in Atlanta.  In our stand-up graduation performance (above), he talks about how he will not kick anyone's ass for any white friend of his.  He totally stole this from a conversation we had where I asked him if I could threaten people and he could be my hitman.  He was not cool with this and it ended up in his routine.  It's way funnier coming from him than me and so I'll let him steal it.

Curtis has been pretty successful in the Open Mic circuit around Atlanta and has been pushing gently nudging me to continue performing beyond our class.  He knows that I've been a little reluctant and so he invited me this week to a more low-key Open Mic this coming Tuesday.  I'll keep you updated Internet on how it goes.

Hope everyone has a great weekend --- mine so far has consisted of Jersey Shore and my Virginia Tech pillow pet (a bonus favorite):

Stay happy and healthy!  



1 comment:

  1. Hey Megan! Heard so much about ur blog through Charlie. Always wanted to have one myself. U have some funny stuff here! Love it! -Laiza

    ReplyDelete