Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

Tornado Weekend

Normally when I say a tornado came through my weekend, I'm referring to a crazy schedule or people coming to visit.  In this case, there were ACTUAL TORNADOS in Georgia.  OMG WTF BBQ LOL. 

Luckily, I could count on the local news to tell me everything I needed to know about tornados in Atlanta:

1.  You need to leave your mobile home during a tornado warning because it's, you know, mobile. 

2.  The news anchors would like you to send pictures until you send one of the funnel and then they have "trained paid professionals" for that.  In this case, they actually just want pictures of your ill-fated home and your crying children.

3.  You should remember the acronym DUCK: Downstairs, Underneath something, Cover yourself, Keep in shelter until the storm has passed.  However the news team does not want you to miss a minute of their broadcast so they will stream the broadcast for you to watch on your laptop in your shelter --- unless you lose power and internet -- then you should probably go take pictures of the damage to send in.

In all seriousness, it was a pretty scary night for me since we didn't really have tornados in Virginia.  I spent most of the night running around my apartment frantically texting my friends asking if I should be hiding in the bathroom with my cat (answer: no because I heard no sirens).  Also what happened to animals being able to sense natural disasters?  She slept in the window the entire time.  However I thought cats were also supposed to chase bugs and she seems quite content to watch them for about 2 minutes before walking away.  Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. OMGWTFBBQ is such a blast from the past. <3

    Also you are hysterical. In addition to stand up, you should find someone legit to publish your humorous writings in some sort of official magazine. I'd read it. But then again, I'm already reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete