Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

One Year in Atlanta (part 1)

Source: http://banglesandcrow.typepad.com/
It has been approximately one year and six weeks since I arrived in Atlanta with my brother ready (and scared) to take on Hot-lanta!  It was my first big move away from my friends and family.  To give you some perspective, before I moved in 11th grade I had gone to school with the same group of kids since nursery school.  While most of my friends went to schools far from home, I went to college about 20 minutes from my mom.  Then after college I moved within an hour of my dad's home.  While I thought I was *really* independent, I got a reckoning within about 2 days of my brother waving me goodbye as he got on a plane and left.  But enough of the sentimental talk....lemme give you the 4-1-1 (ha-ha, aren't I hilarious) on the last year of my life:

2013 Update: There were some adorable pictures here of my first year in Atlanta.  However lack of blog maintenance made them disappear.  

There were many other firsts to mention that I did not commemorate with pictures...my first time performing stand-up comedy in front of a real audience, my first time being sick and having to take care of myself, my first time voting in a new state....

Then there are all the "alone" firsts!  My first time going to the movies alone (I am the best date I've ever had), my first time eating alone in a restaurant, my first time moving alone (from finding a place all the way through execution), my first time taking care of a pet alone (she seems to fare better than my plants), the first time I drove somewhere without the GPS alone (yay!), and the first time I've gone to church alone.  If you're not comfortable with me, myself, and I, then I do not suggest uprooting by yourself suddenly.

I feel a lot more independent from having all of these experiences in the last year and it's made me really evaluate who I am and what kind of person I want to be.  Plus I actually found that I really enjoy doing some things alone more than I would sharing the experience!

1 comment:

  1. Ahahaha, first boot. I told the story, the other day, of how we used to sit in your booted car during fire drills at Tech. Ah memories.

    ReplyDelete