Pages

Monday, November 11, 2013

Monday Monday

It's been awhile, right?  At first, I wasn't going to acknowledge my blogging absence.  Actually I was considering deleting my blog (a whole separate tale of adventure and drama) but decided to keep it.  Then I was trying to decide what to do with it.  What do I want my voice to be?  What could I put into the world that was adding some sort of value?  And is anyone reading this thing anyway?  Who know that blogging could be so philosophical?!  While I ponder these important questions, I figured that I would just get back to writing...something, anything.  

So I figured I would share all of the other people's writings that I had been reading lately!  Not quite what you were expecting, I know.  But this is my first post in over a year.  I can't just start cranking out thoughts and hopes and dreams.  Anyways, here are some of my must reads....

Does Life End at 35? -  I celebrated my birthday last week and as I round age 30, I can't help but put a tremendous amount of pressure on myself for the things that I think I should be accomplishing.  Ever want to feel truly bad about yourself?  Google your age and see what all kinds of great people had accomplished by then.   This post reminded me that your great life's work happens at it's own pace and to stop stressing so much.

The Dog Lived (and So Will I) - Warning: if you are a pet person, this book will make you cry.  The author gets a dog after her divorce and finds that her dog has cancer.  Sparing no expense, she pays for his treatment and he lives.  Then she finds out that she has cancer.  It's such a touching story about how they both survived and the lengths they went through to do it.

How Should We Account for Me - My accountant and auditor friends probably have this bookmarked.  Even though I never worked for a Big Four accounting firm, a lot of the posts on this website relate directly to the last five years I've worked as an auditor.  But a lot of these will also work well for anyone in Corporate America.

  



No comments:

Post a Comment